Wine Education Manager
New York, New York
Director of Organizational Development
The Winebow Group is currently seeking a Wine Education Manager to add to our Education team. This position will work out of office in New York City.
This position serves as the leader of knowledge and information on core products and sales methodology, and is responsible for all aspects of the training life cycle for wine education learning programs including: needs assessment, course design, curriculum development, implementation, facilitation and evaluation. In addition to leading the Wine Education team to develop a range of programs that are innovative and engaging and meet diverse learning needs of staff, the role supports The Winebow Group’s Mission, Vision and Core Values by developing programs that contribute to the employee learning experience and expand and develop employee knowledge.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to set overall direction of global, organization wide corporate wine education curriculum and drive learning initiatives to increase individual, team and organizational performance
• Lead the Wine Education Team. Evaluate, coach, and develop the team to fulfill their potential and attain the highest level of performance and ongoing professional development
• Utilize industry best practices in the design, development and delivery of blended training programs globally with a primary focus on product knowledge and sales methodology
• Oversee the adjunct facilitator network; provide guidance and direction on annual training calendars by market, mentor adjuncts to enhance facilitation skill and ensure execution of meaningful learning experiences
• Utilize sound performance diagnostic techniques and consultative skills to drive learning programs that improve organizational performance and elevated competency
• Develop and monitor evaluation metrics to measure outcomes of training initiatives, respond to and modify programs based on feedback
• Create and maintain curriculum and training materials that are creative, engaging and relevant while ensuring accuracy, availability and timely distribution to staff.
• Effectively manage course creation, enrollment and completion through Brainshark, producing new coursework on schedule, creating curriculums and ensuring accurate reporting
• Effectively manage classroom activities through proper materials preparation, dissemination, event set up and break down and sample management
• Collaborate on New Hire Orientation and Onboarding processes to provide new employees with exposure to Wine Education offerings
• Work collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts and management to understand and address organization learning needs to ensure staff has the knowledge necessary to be successful in their jobs
• Stay current on corporate initiatives by partnering with sales and marketing managers to understand brand strategies to best support their efforts through training.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
• Masters of Wine (MW) or Master Sommelier (MS) certification required.
• 7-10 years progressive experience in a learning and development role designing education programs in the wine or spirits industry.
• Prior wine sales, marketing experience or sales training experience preferred
• Professional training certifications preferred (e.g. SHRM, ATD)
• Previous experience managing a team (direct and adjunct facilitators)
• Instructional design skills and experience
• Effective stand-up facilitation and presentation skills
• Ability to design, develop, facilitate, and evaluate diverse learning programs
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organization
• Comfortable with Web-based tools such as WebEX, Brainshark and SharePoint
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, publishing and multimedia software and applications
The Winebow Group appreciates your interest in employment opportunities. Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to those individuals whose background and work experience meet the position requirements. No phone calls please.